What is Deep Tissue and Sports Massage?
Both deep tissue and sports massage are remedial massages that use firm pressure and are tailored to your areas of discomfort needs at the time of your treatment.
Deep tissue massage is the best option for relief from general aches. It is particularly helpful for continually tight and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness and sore shoulders.
Sports massage is best for muscular problems, aches and pains because of running, cycling, going to the gym, dancing or other sporting activities.
During your massage treatment, the aim is to restore any compromised range of movement and enhance your flexibility to maximize your changes, enabling you to move more easily and be pain free.
What are the benefits of sports or deep tissue massage?
Deep tissue massage helps to release muscular tension, “knots” and stiffness. The main benefits of deep tissue massage may include:
- Reduced pain
- Improved posture
- Increased flexibility and perception of looseness
- Improved fluidity of movement
- Restored metabolic status of tissue
The main benefits of sports massage may include:
- Reduction in muscle tension, muscular pain and discomfort
- Increased range of motion, leading to enhanced performance
- Decreased muscle stiffness and soreness after exercise or physical activity
- Reduced recovery time post injury
What ailments do you treat with therapeutic massage?
Massage treatment is used to help a wide variety of sports and non-sporty injuries, plus aches and pain due to poor posture.
Deep tissue massage is often used to treat:
- Chronic pain
- Limited mobility
- Recovery from injuries (e.g., whiplash, falls)
- Repetitive strain injury (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Postural problems
- Muscle knots, tension or spasm
Sports Massage is often used to treat:
- Muscles aches, pains or injuries from sporting activities
- Tennis elbow or Golfer’s elbow
- Runner’s or Jumper’s knee
- Sciatica or piriformis syndrome
- Rotator cuff injuries
Call 01582 218586 to find out more about how therapeutic massage can help you.